Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Date? Venue? Planning? Oh My!

Most women when they first get engaged, they first start thinking about the DRESS! Myself not so much. My first thoughts turned to any guesses?? A hay field. Not what you were thinking were you.


Being a country girl it has always been a dream of mine to get married down home' on the front lawn. But my dad has built a new house. This new house is without a doubt a beauty. However it does face into the middle of a current hay field.

So for everyone that hasan't had the opportunity to head out to the barn. Hay is what we feed cattle, horses, etc. It is rough, provides tons of little red marks and bumps on the skin but it full of nutrients for animals.

We would love to get married this September BUT in reality, with the amount of time its going to take to turn an ungraded, unlevel hayfield into the green on the 18th hole of a golf course. It wont happen by this September.

So this summer myself, my fiance and my lovely family have offered to help us turn this hayfield into a beauty of a lawn. In reality the actual work wont be that bad. Being based out of a farming family is a plus. I have access to not only tractors, plows, loaders but seeders aswell. So as soon as the frost is out of the ground this year we will be out in force taking care of this hayfield. The time is basically needed for the seed to take and mother nature to do her thing! Totally do-able according to my dad and uncles. I'm taking thier word for it.

So you've guessed it. Its a wedding down home Septemberish 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment